We have a new addition to our family! Elizabeth Ann Thomas was born on July 30th at 11:14 p.m. She weighed 8 lb 4 oz & was 20.5" long. It was quite an eventful birth. She came out with the umbilical cord on her head so we had to do an emergency c-section. And then the doctors discovered a bacterial infection the day after she was born and she had to spend 10 days in the Special Care Nursery receiving antibiotics. She recovered very well and was able to come home today (August 10th, which was her due date:) We are so grateful for all the doctors and nurses at Timpanogos Hospital that took such great care of her for those long 10 days. We were able to stay with my mom for that time which was such a blessing because she lives just 2 blocks from the hospital so I was able to nurse her every 3 hours for her entire stay. And she watched Zak and Maddie while I spent so much time at the hospital. We are so glad to have her home. Zak and Maddie love their new "baby Lizzy" as they call her. I guess I will have to change the address to our blogspot because we are no longer Thomasfamilyoffour. We are now Thomas family of five! Thank you everyone for your support and prayers and help through this scary time. I know that we were blessed greatly and we are so thankful to have our sweet little girl home and healthy. There is also a very cute hospital picture you can look at. Go to www.hospitalportraits.com
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 replies:
I am SOOOOO happy she is finally home!!! I am glad everything will be normal for you guys now and you can just relax and enjoy that sweet baby girl now! I am so Happy to see more pics of her. You should just load it up with a ton of new pics so I can pretend I am there!!! That is funny, I thought your blog address was thomas family off our not of four. you can leave it and have it that since you guys are off your, especially this past 13 days!!! Anyway congrats again!
She is so beautiful. Congratulations! I am glad she recovered well and is doing good. Have a great day!
I keep looking at her, she is so stinkin cute. Man I wish I was ther to cuddle and hold her. You will have to come down here!!! The kids say she us way cute too. Addy REALLY wants to hold her!!!!!!!!
I can't believe you guys are ahead of us. But we are catching up - we will be a family of five in February! How cool for you guys - we haven't seen you in a long time. We need to sometime so we can have belching contests and stuff. Tell Elizabeth that she can never start learning those important things (like belching) too early. Practice makes perfect.
congratulations! She is beautiful!
Post a Comment